Welcome to Lloyde High School! I am very excited for the future of our school and look forward to a successful academic year for all of our new and returning students.
Lloyde High School is a California Model Continuation School geared towards credit recovery, meant to provide a small, alternative learning environment for the communities of Lawndale, Hawthorne, Lennox and the rest of our district. Students come to Lloyde in hopes of getting back on track academically to graduate on time, either here as a Bulldog, or returning to their original comprehensive site, such as Hawthorne, Lawndale, or Leuzinger High Schools. Lloyde High School is on the quarter system, allowing students to complete semester-long course work in the time frame of a ten week quarter. We offer an excellent opportunity for students to get back on track academically, reconnect to school, and graduate on time in preparation for college, career, and life.
At Lloyde High School, a Bulldog always CARES.
- Commitment: students know their academic success is first and foremost;
- Attitude: students demonstrate honest, ethical, and courteous behavior;
- Respect: build successful relationships in diverse communities and able to resolve conflict;
- Encouragement: leadership behaviors that allow everyone to succeed as lifelong learners;
- Safety: decisions are safe mentally, emotionally, and physically for themselves and others.
All of Lloyde High School looks forward to working with you to provide the best possible experience to prepare your child for the world after high school, as we say here, "Life after Lloyde.". Our team (Parents, Teachers, Classified staff, Students, community members, and district personnel) all have the same goal in mind...provide a quality education to our children and expect each student to try their very best every day. Parents, your participation in this process will help your child accomplish their goal of high school graduation and so much more. I look forward to working with you in this endeavor and can't wait to celebrate our accomplishments!
Dr. Paolo DeGuzman